PERSONAL CARE BAGS
Step 1. Cut two pieces of sturdy fabric 12" across by 18" down.
Step 2. Mark each side 1 1/2" and 2 1/4" down from the top. (The 3/4" space between the markings will remain unstitched to allow the cord to be inserted into the casing.)
Step 3. With right sides of fabric together, stitch down one side, across the bottom and up the other side leaving the 3/4" spaces unstitched on each side.
Step 4. Turn the open, raw edge of the bag down 1 1/2.
Step 5. Turn under the raw edge about 1/2" and stitch along this fold to make the casing.
Step 6. Fold the bottom of the bag so the side seam lies over the bottom seam and stitch across the point 2" down from the point Repeat for the other side seam to make the other comer.
Step 7. Cut two pieces of cord, each 32 inches long. Thread them through the
casing carrying each cord all the way around, one from each side. Knot the ends of each cord together.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
TLC's PERSONAL CARE BAGS FOR THE CHILDREN CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:
- 2 WASH CLOTHS (any color except BLACK)
- 1 Bar of soap, IVORY or DIAL (personal size)
- 1 Child's SOFT TOOTHBRUSH
- 1 Small tube of tooth paste AQUA FRESH, COLGATE OR CREST (.85 oz. size)
- 1 POCKET COMB
- 1 Pack of KLEENEX TISSUES (pocket size)
- 1 4 oz. bottle of BABY SHAMPOO (Johnson or any store brand)
- 1 CHAPSTICK or LIP BALM
- 1 Small bottle of HAND LOTION
*** PLEASE NO SUBSTITUTES***
Please place contents in a plastic Zip-Lock bag.